SSR Team Donates to Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity
We were honored to host Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity for a Thanksgiving luncheon! Our team made a generous donation towards helping this vital organization help families move into safe and secure homes. In honor of #givingtuesday, we wanted to share some information from Patti Oliver, Development Officer, and Aaron Bergtrom, Research Analyst, of Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity. We were blown away by the impact the organization is making!
- Children living in stable, decent, affordable housing experience greater educational success. 87% of Milwaukee Habitat homeowner’s children have graduated from high school. That’s nearly 30% higher than the average graduation rate of Milwaukee Public School students.
- More than half of Milwaukee Habitat homeowners reported their children’s grades improved since moving into their Habitat home.
- 50% of Milwaukee Habitat homeowners reported their family’s health improved since moving into their Habitat home.
- More than 50% of Milwaukee Habitat homeowners reported being able to save more money after moving into their Habitat home.
- Nearly all Habitat homeowners who received government assistance before moving into their Habitat Home decreased or stopped using benefits all together.
Learn more here: https://milwaukeehabitat.org/donate/