Superior Support Resources, Inc.
Superior Support Resources, Inc. (SSR), an award-winning technology services provider, is growing and seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team! If you are a skilled engineer with excellent communication skills and a desire to work in a collaborative team environment, we want to hear from you! This is an opportunity to design, implement, and proactively manage information technology strategies for a wide variety of clients. Using the latest technology available, you will have direct interactions with SSR’s clients, allowing you to see the impact you are making to help our clients increase productivity and reduce risk. SSR encourages professional development and supports the team in learning new skills, allowing you to grow within SSR as well as in your career.
- Perform client assessments (network, cloud, and security) in order to provide feedback of clients’ overall network environment, identify potential risks, and assist in developing a remediation plan
- Consult on and design, install, and configure various infrastructure, network hardware, and software applications
- Evaluate and troubleshoot network system performance, capacity, availability, security, interoperability, and manageability
- Perform work in various locations including the SSR headquarters, data centers, client locations, and remotely
- Execute projects and estimate project work for tasks and time
- Participate on cross-functional teams to ensure the continuous, on-going improvement of processes, methods, productivity, and quality while reducing costs and mitigating risks for SSR clients
- Complete and maintain all required status reports, paperwork, records, documentation, etc.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current on new technology and trends in the industry as an IT consultant
- Strong troubleshooting skills with strong working knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory design and implementation, Cloud technologies, Server Virtualization, Exchange, Office 365, and Tier 1 hardware (HP, Dell, Cisco, etc.)
- A thorough understanding of DNS, DHCP, iSCSI, RAID, VLAN, VPN, and other networking technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Industry certifications with Microsoft, Cisco, HP, VMware, and/or Citrix preferred
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience, plus 3 or more years of professional experience
Apply today for an opportunity to expand your skills, experience, and achievements and take your career to the next level.