Senior Systems Engineer
Superior Support Resources, Inc.
Superior Support Resources, Inc. (SSR), an award-winning technology services provider, is growing and seeking a Senior Systems Engineer. As an SSR Engineer you will work with small and medium-sized clients throughout SE Wisconsin performing system analysis, designing or re-engineering, and developing technical solutions for our clients’ business needs. This role will often physically install, configure, support and integrate networks, network applications and business systems. The ideal candidate should have a strong ability to design, support and troubleshoot LAN/WAN networks, understand implementation and review of network security solutions as well as experience in one of the following advanced technologies: virtualization, hosted solutions, etc. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, helping a wide variety of clients overcome obstacles to their productivity. The position’s hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This job will require some weekends and after-hour responsibility for cut-over, network and systems updates as well as being part of a rotating on-call role.
Technical & Education Requirements:
- 3+ years in a consultative or lead engineer role.
- Prefer an Associate or 4-year post high-school degree.
- Preferred candidate will also hold certification in one or more of the following: Microsoft, Citrix, Fortinet or VMware.
Experience in each of the following skills is required:
- Cisco/Fortinet routing and firewall security including WAN and VPN connectivity, multi-point routing, identity management.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 2008R2 and 2012R2 Server and Active Directory design and implementation.
- A thorough understanding of DNS, DHCP, and VLAN, VPN as well as net technologies as they become relevant.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of various network hardware and software applications.
Experience in the following skills are desired (candidate needs to have mix of these technologies):
- Cisco VOIP solutions and QOS technologies.
- Citrix Presentation Server.
- Virtual Server (Xen or VMware).
- Mid-scale Wireless technologies.
- Network Security.
- Microsoft Exchange 2007 and 2010 system design and configuration.
- Microsoft SQL design and configuration.
- Fort iGATE routing and firewall security.
Required Soft Skills:
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technology to non-technical users as well as work within a team atmosphere.
- Ability to work efficiently to meet expected deadlines.
- Ability to manage projects and other team member responsibilities in a project.
- Must have good documentation skills and business acumen.
Apply today for an opportunity to expand your skills, experience, and achievements and take your career to the next level.